Thursday, July 21, 2011

We're Home!

We flew home yesterday, and it was a very nice trip back.  I guess Brad had an eventful journey with Mimi the night before, but all turned out fine in the end.  The girls are enjoying reacquainting themselves with the house and their toys! 


Leiden had her 6 year well check today, and she is perfectly healthy, although a skinny minnie!  I have known that she was on the petite side for a while, now, but the numbers are somewhat surprising.  She measures in at 3 ft. 9.25 inches and 43 lbs. 3.2 oz., which is the 39th percentile and 49th percentile, respectively.  Hopefully I'm feeding her enough!

Mac, on the other hand.  She has had her cough for almost two weeks now, so I asked the doctor about it.  She didn't like what I said, so she slipped Mac in for a visit pretty much right then.  Evidently she has an ear infection and a 'crackle' in her left lung, which is a beginning sign of pneumonia.   So on a heavy duty antibiotic we go.  I should have known that all was not well--she has been irritable for a few days, now.  Hopefully it will all get better, soon.  Aside from the completely out of control moments, she doesn't seem much bothered by either the cough or the ears.  But then, with her, there never are other signs of illness worse than her behavior changes!


I've often been thankful that my kids like taking medicine.  It's almost a treat for them, and that makes my life a bit easier when they're sick.

No comments: