Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Happy Birthday to Bapa!

My dad's (Bapa's) birthday was today!  It was kind of a go-get-em kind of day.  I had some shopping to do in the morning, for him and the girls, and I seriously lost my keys at Target.  They were nowhere.  NOWHERE.  I combed through the store 3 times, tracing my steps.  I asked Customer Service 4 times.  I walked from the store to the car and back 3 times.  I looked under seats and on the floors of the car 3 times.  I was looking in shoe boxes trying to find my keys.   After praying and calling Brad to prepare him for the worst, there they were.  They had somehow fallen way under the front seat and under some napkins and papers.  Whew.  Disaster averted, as they were actually my mom's keys.  Anyway, we spent the morning and early afternoon with Grandma and Grandpa, swimming again and playing at the house.  Cousin Max spent the day getting checked out for his own concussion while we all played. 

The plan was to all go home tomorrow morning.  Then, all of a sudden, there was no room on the flight for Brad to non-rev, so plans changed and he went home and took Mimi tonight!  We just had time to head to my parents' house and pack up some bags for him to take home, and have a quick birthday dinner and cake for my dad before they headed out.  This way he will be able to have a car to come and get us in the morning, and I don't have to travel with all three by myself.


My dad is thinking about buying a volcano stove, so we got him the oven tent that goes with it.  Cart before the horse, and all that, but the stove was a bit outside the birthday budget!  He was (obviously) thrilled. 


Leiden and Mac were insistent that we put candles on his cake, and were quite put out when we couldn't put as many as years he's lived.  We would have set the house on fire for the second time!  :)  As it is, it looks like the cake itself is on fire. 


After cake we cleaned Mimi up and took her and Brad to the airport.  Bless him, because this will make my airplane ride tomorrow a walk in the park.  Woohoo!

No comments: