Thursday, October 17, 2013

Guns

So tonight I went shooting for the first time ever!  It was actually really fun.  I just wandered into the gun shop and had them talk to me for a while.  I tried out three semi automatic handguns, a Sig Sauer P226, a Smith and Wesson M&P, and a Springfield XDM...I think that's what they were!  All 9mm rounds.  As you can tell, I would have a decent chance of stopping someone if I had unlimited bullets!  But hey, for the first time, that's pretty awesome.  Only 6 rounds went completely off the target sheet.  I was surprised by two things...how LOUD they are when they fire, although the indoor range amplifies it, and how easy it is to pull the trigger.  You can see how children and guns would not mix.  It was great fun and I will definitely be going back, soon!

No comments: