Friday, October 11, 2013

The girls lately have been enjoying taking pictures with my phone.  Occasionally I will allow only Leiden to take pictures with my big camera, but Mac can easily handle my phone.  Since I don't have nearly enough pictures of me, this works out rather well!


We headed over to the shop today to help my mom with something, and while we were there, Mimi 'wrote' on a bunch of papers.  Scribbles, but then she would read them to me.  In case the writing is not clear, it says, 'Dear Mommy, You are my mommy.  I love you.  Leiden is my sister and Mac is my sister.  Leiden is 8, Mac is 5, and I am 3.'  She stopped for a second, asked me what my 'number' is, then finished it off.  'Mommy is 32.'  It was hilarious.  And I love that she is making the connection between things you write down on paper and language.  What a smart little cookie!


We were there helping my mom make invitations for her upcoming and much planned for Halloween Party.  We had a lot of trouble getting things to work, and finally had to scrap her original invitation plans and start over with a different design purchased on Etsy.  We'll get them done, yet, Mom!

No comments: