Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!  The day has finally come!  Mac and Leiden have a parade this morning at the elementary.  Mimi is getting taken to preschool with my mom.


Leiden is a mermaid this year, so I decided to make her have scaly iridescent skin...it worked out really well, actually...


Mac got a cute little black witch hat with black glitter. 


We parents went and hunkered down in the crisp morning air, waiting for the kids to come around.  Mac's class was very first, and she was pleased to wander the line and wave at the onlookers. 


Leiden was a little more reserved, although about a second after I shot this picture she came running at me for a hug. 


I poked my head into Mac's Kindergarten Halloween party.  I helped out with the other moms, and got a donut for my trouble.  :) 


Mimi's class made these darling little bags to hold their goodies from classmates in. 


And finally the night is upon us!  We went up to Grandmere's house for dinner.  We ate pizza before we headed out with the girls. 


My dad and I took them out...I haven't done Halloween in that neighborhood for probably more than 20 years.  It made me pretty nostalgic 


This neighborhood has some serious cash...the girls were getting full size candy bars--I got a full size candy bar.  Just for being the mom. 


By the end of a pretty good wind around the neighborhood, the girls were done.  Mimi literally made me promise we would only go to 'two more houses, mommy'.  Upon our return, the obligatory sort occurred.  They really got quite the haul. 


Check out all this stuff!! 


Happy Halloween, everyone!

No comments: