Thursday, March 13, 2014

Plants

I often wait far too long between purchasing and planting, so today I got out there and got it done!  Cold weather crops are in!  We have a nice little row of peas, with trellis all ready to support them as they grow.  In the same little bed there are brussel sprouts, and broccoli!  I hope they work...I'm not entirely sure they will get enough sun, but we will see. 


I do miss having fresh berries in my yard, so I planted some strawberries in a large planter in the front that gets full sun.  I don't know if they will even fruit this year, but I feel good getting them in the ground.  


My plans include raised beds in the backyard, complete with tomatoes, and zucchini, and watermelon, and cantaloupe, and basil, and rosemary...it goes on.  I need to keep keeping busy!

No comments: