Wednesday, March 19, 2014

More on Stitches

Poor girl.  A day later, and it looks a little better...at least the swelling has gone down.  She hasn't said it hurts, or anything, and I know she's been touching it because she talked about how it feels like she has hair on her forehead.  (The stitches)  Fascinating fact about stitches:  perhaps they are done differently, depending on the place on the body, or the type of wound or cut they are closing, but these were five individual threads looped through and tied.  I always thought it was more like a hemming stitch, tied only at the beginning and end.  Interesting.  I forgot to mention that the doctor and nurse said I also kept my own head admirably.  I guess a lot of parents get in there with their kids and can't keep it together watching the stitching done.  I guess since my dreams of being a doctor are not quite dead yet, this is good news.  If I can watch it be done on my child, a stranger is no problem.  :)

No comments: