Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Applesauce

Mimi asked if she could take some pictures with my phone today while I was working on some stuff...I found like 10 variations of this:


And about 30 variations of this!  She had arranged some candles and their holders in various different patterns and set ups, and taken seriously a ton of pictures. 


Today was applesauce day!  I didn't want the apples to go to waste, and I have a new food mill, so it was time to break it out! 


The girls couldn't really help cut the apples, or cook them, but they could help guide the cooked apples through the mill! 


We did all the apples and ended up with a big giant bowl of applesauce!

Next up, canning!  It's pretty hard to go wrong with applesauce, unlike my messed up peach jelly.  Although at the orchard, I hadn't realized that there was more than one variety of apple in the orchard, and somehow, in all our wandering, we only got one kind!  I read that it's generally better to make sauce with multiple varieties of apples, but this is pretty good, regardless!  

No comments: