Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Bigger is Better

Stopped off at Smith's this morning, and was greeted with this!  Seriously, seeing pumpkins at the store makes me GIDDY!  I LOVE this time of year, and this year it's even more exciting!  These pumpkins were enormous.  This pumpkin and I are sharing a spot on the bench.  It's as tall as my torso!  There were some other guys there who were exclaiming about the huge pumpkins.  This was by no means the largest, there.  They were on their phones, presumably to their wives or girlfriends, asking if they could/should buy huge pumpkins.  I was actually kind of cracked up about how excited they were.


This green mass is a tomato plant.  ONE tomato plant.  I have no idea what happened to make it so large, but it is completely out of control.  I have never seen a tomato plant get this big.  Something seems to be a bit abnormal for it, though, because while it is huge, there aren't tons of tomatoes, and even fewer that turn red.  So something is up. 

No comments: