Wednesday, September 3, 2014

School Days!

Meemers got to meet her teachers, today!  At least the school and its general functionality are familiar to her, so this truly should be a great transition year.  She was very excited to bring her two teachers and Miss Dee their treat!


Her teachers are Miss Sandy (left) and Miss Marina (right).  Miss Sandy is Miss Dee's daughter, so hopefully the awesome with kids genes got passed down!


We played outside for a little while. 


Got Meems by the school sign. 


And got one of her with her new bag!  Complete with misspelled--or mis-capitalized? last name.  Sigh.  Mimi was cute, though, as I told her to put it up by her face for a picture, and I put the handles around her neck, she was very quick to tell me that her teachers told her that she's not supposed to do that with her bag.  Okay, just one quick picture, then! 


School days continued as I set up my (late) welcome September picture for Derek.  I dressed up to look like a cute (or whatever) teacher and Leiden snapped some shots.  See the pencils in my hair? 


Leiden and Mac were both funny.  They wanted to know why I was dressed like this for the picture.  I explained that I was trying to look like a teacher, and that I wanted to look nice for Derek.  Leiden said, "My teachers don't look like that..." in kind of an incredulous voice.  It was kind of beyond me to explain that I was going for the attractive ...flirtatious teacher look.  But it sure made me laugh.  The funny thing is...when I WAS a teacher, this is totally something I would have actually worn.  Heels and all!



Then after those shenanigans were over, I got the pumpkins out of the car!  Yep!  Walmart had pumpkins inside their garden center today!  I totally grabbed a couple for the porch.  They make for great photo props. 


Mimi wanted me to snap some pictures of her, too, and I got her being pretty darn cute! 


Many expressioned, she is. 

No comments: