Saturday, February 7, 2015

Mimi's Birthday Party!

Mimi chose a Barbie party this year!  We had Barbie favors put together ahead of time in cute little pink bags.


I made the iconic Barbie cake!  I remember these things from forever ago when *I* was a kid!


I'd never done it before, but it was pretty simple with the help of the doll cake mold and different piping tips for the frosting!


We were ready with Barbie coloring pages for the kids.


Unfortunately, there was literally ONE child from her school who showed up.  We sent out 12 invitations, and ONE child showed up.  Some neighborhood friends showed up a little later to bulk up our numbers, but I was sad and mad and had to hold it all in so she wouldn't notice I was upset.  The party went on, though.

We played pin the sunglasses on Barbie. 


Sweet Mimi loved her Barbie cake.


I had originally planned to have Barbie holding a cake of her own to put the candles in, and then time kind of got away from me.  So we stuck them in her dress!


Luckily my parents were here.  I had asked them to come and help supervise, as I thought at least 8 kids would be there.  They were appalled at the parents who didn't even RSVP their regrets, and raced off to Target to get more presents for Mimi so she would have more than one to open.


Mimi's little friend, Olive, from school.


She got some fun presents!


Neighborhood friend, Ella, whose mom sent her over when she found out there were no attendees!


Grandmere and Bapa got her a bunch of fun presents!


And kisses and hugs!


I'm glad she's young enough to not really notice or understand.  I'm just super frustrated at parents who don't tell you their kid isn't coming!  Because you then have to assume they ARE, and then are disappointed and out money and resources when they don't show up.


But.  All is well.  Mimi had fun, and that's all that matters!

No comments: