Saturday, October 7, 2017

Barn Party!

The day is finally here for a big party!!  Another chance to wear my dress and celebrate our marriage!  My mom has been so hard at work for this party, and her hard work has paid off, because the place looks great!!


Still a few last minute things to take care of, and everyone is chipping in to get them done.  Madison has been great through all this, working like crazy.


One of my jobs was to get the cake where it needed to be...it turned out so well.  It's a little crooked, and I honestly think it gives it more charm.  The fact of the matter is that the top tiers are too heavy for the bottom tier, even with the dowels supporting it.  They weren't exactly even because the bottom tier isn't exactly level, so it kind of threw the whole thing off.  But I love the naked look, and I tried my hand at edible gold foil with gorgeous dark flowers and pink figs!


I should have looked at some more flower placement tutorials, but here we are, and it's done!


The girls look darling once again in their dresses and crown braids.  I don't think we got a picture of all of them together!


Mom really outdid herself.  Everything looks so perfect!  On the menu tonight is hot dogs, baked beans, chips, darling little mini pies, and several drinks.


These guys did a ton to help us, we appreciate them!


I was able to see some friends I haven't seen since my Minnesota days, although they have moved out here to Utah.  Amber and Laura came out and I was so excited to see them.  They are so happy for me, and the joy that has come into my life.


And then Angie!!  I haven't seen her since I was about 15 years old.  We have stayed in touch on and off throughout the years, and she made her way down from Idaho to celebrate with us.  This was my biggest surprise from the evening!


Jon and I were all dressed up again, and enjoyed the flow of people wishing us well.


There was a very little bit of cake mashing, and beyond that, the cake was a hit!  My mom was telling everyone that I had made it, and it was delicious to boot!  For a bit there, I feared I should have made one of the larger tiers the marshmallow tier, but we ended up taking home about a quarter of each tier, and about an eighth of the top marshmallow.  So yummy!!


It was a beautiful night to celebrate our marriage with friends and family.  And I think Mom is happy it's over!  Now she can relax!  --or more likely just move on to the next thing!

No comments: