Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Happy Halloween!

Happy Halloween!!  This morning was the traditional East Sandy Elementary Halloween Parade, which is always so fun to go see.  The girls are fun to see march past, but it's also fun to see what other fun costumes kids have!

Mimi as corpse bride,


and Mac as a devil! 


After I got home, it was time to get some stuff cleared out for our bulk pick up day.  We still had all the branches and stumps from tearing out the big trees in our now garden plot.  So we borrowed Mark's chainsaw and I went to work!  The chain slipped off the rail, and I figured out how to get it back on and got it done! 


We are finally getting rid of Mimi's old mattress and box spring.  They've been in our garage since the wedding, and good riddance!


Later this evening, we headed up to Grandmere and Bapa's house for dinner and trick or treating.  I love this tradition, but this year Leiden wanted to go trick or treating with her friends.  We told her no, because the plans were very nebulous, but she's growing up.  Mac again as a beglittered devil.

Leiden as a Day of the Dead.


And Mimi the corpse bride!  I ended up ripping out the gold parts of Mac's old angel costume and replacing them with white.  Then I took the whole thing outside and literally rubbed it in the dirt.  I made her veil, just ripped tulle and a headband, and tied together some fake flowers from the dollar store for her bouquet.  Of course I draped cobwebs on the bouquet and put a spider on it.  It was pretty fun.


Jon revisited his empty toilet paper roll for the benefit of the dinner party in the driveway.


I decided the work of gluing feathers to my face was beyond me today, and just put some fake eyelashes on!


Here we are!  Ready to partay!


It was a beautiful night.  Colorful sunset, not too freezing.


My dad came out with all of us and the girls marched through the neighborhood and got their haul!


I am astounded at the people who show up in that neighborhood.  People literally show up in big 15 passenger vans and roam the streets.  And it seems to get worse every year.  Most of the people are minorities, and the streets are just flooded.  It kind of makes it less fun for the kids who belong there.  It may be a tradition that's dying out for us up here.


The girls tired out pretty quickly, and we went back, they took a quick inventory, and we went home!

Happy Halloween!

No comments: