Thursday, October 19, 2017

Pumpkins

Today was such a fun trip to the pumpkin patch!  It's been pretty warm, but we must follow the prescriptions of fall!


We wanted big ones for our porch, and ones to carve.


The girls enjoyed wandering around looking for the perfect pumpkin.


They have a small petting zoo this year, and this goat was all holed up in his feeding trough, which was pretty funny.


The girls were probably more thrilled at the corn pit than anything else!  These things give me the creeps.  I can only imagine what vermin have been in there, and I just think it's disgusting.


A family of pumpkins!


Jon picked this enormous one, and I had to carry it on my lap for the ride home...it was too big to fit anywhere else!


We made it home, and put together our fall porch.  I decided to forego all my mums this year.  I love them, but they always die when I forget to water them.  So gourds and pumpkins it is!  The cute little green gourds that look like pears...I saw them there and simply had to have them.  They are called birdcage gourds, and they are the best giant pears!


Jon did some final adjustments to the arrangement,


and then we sat among them!


We found, this late in the year, little melons in our garden.  We hadn't thought any had grown, and they've probably been frozen, but we cut them open to see.  They looked great, but were super under ripe.


We juiced again tonight, and the girls tried a bit.  It wasn't sweet enough for them, so there were some sour faces pulled when they tried it,


but they sure like to help with the juicer!

No comments: