Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Back in Town

I always forget that I have to upload the pictures backwards, so we'll talk backwards. This was the view from my front window, taken today with my very inadequate camera. Today was the most perfect fall day--chilly, cloudy, rainy, and the tiniest bit of breeze. The colors have already peaked here, but there's still plenty of color to see.

We've been in Salt Lake City for about 12 days. We went for a long trip because it was MEA and Leiden didn't have preschool. On Saturday night, we went to the Garden Room in the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, and got these shots of Leiden. I do not know what possessed me, but I didn't think to get Mac out of her stroller to put her in the picture, as well! If you ask Leiden what we do in the Temple, she'll tell you we get married there. Smart girl. Just remember that.





Machara is really into eating, these days. She doesn't seem to be interested in her formula, and I'm talking 5 swallows and we're not drinking any more. But, she loves her 'real' food. She's kind of sputtery sometimes, so we end up with faces like this. She also has a funny tendency to sneeze while she's eating. Sometimes I catch the spray, and sometimes the spray catches me.



Just a cute one of Mac. If she hadn't had her bink in, it would have been even better.




On Friday, I watched Gavin and Max up at Grandma's house, so Leiden was thrilled to be able to play with Gavin. She always asks if she's going to play with him when we go to Utah. They were enthralled with the umbrella.

So was Mac.


My parents used to do this with me when I was a baby. They own a silk-screening business, so there are lots of piles of warm, clean, freshly printed and dried shirts to snuggle in.






On the first Saturday we were there, we went to Gardner Village to see the witches. Last year they really freaked Leiden out, but she was fine this year.
Well, now we're back, and Mac has contracted someone's cold. Both Brad and my dad are sick, so who knows where she got it. I just hope I don't get it, and that Leiden is spared, also. These are the times that them sharing a room is even more a pain than usual. Tonight, Mac slept for about 30 minutes after we put her down, and then cried and cried. She can't keep her bink in very well because she can't breathe, and if her cold came from Brad, she probably aches and has a headache. So we've got Mac crying, and Leiden 'sshhh'-ing her so loudly that I can hear it over the crying in the next room. Dear Leiden tries so hard. So, Mac is now in our room in the portacrib, and I'll be sleeping on the couch.

Like I thought they would, Weekly Goals did not go as well as I had hoped in Utah. But, focusing on the good, I did hang out a lot with the kids, I read my scriptures almost every night there, but there wasn't a run in the whole 12 days. Uggh. Tomorrow is a new day.
New Weekly Goals ending Monday, 10/27:
1. Exercise 3 times before next check in.
2. Get my ducks in a row to announce some very exciting (for me!) news!!! (No, I am not pregnant.)
While we were in SLC, Brad's grandfather became very ill and he passed away yesterday. Our thoughts and prayers are with his family and friends during this difficult time. He was a wonderful man who always had a kind word for everyone. Every time we saw him, he would tell us how proud of us he was, and how happy he was that we are making good choices. He will be missed.
This coming weekend, the girls and I (and Brad, when he gets back from the funeral trip) are headed up to Wisconsin Dells to enjoy two days and nights of indoor waterpark fun. Now I have two children to prevent from drowning, so I have to keep my eyes peeled. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

Tracey said...

Glad you made it home safely! Sorry we weren't able to get together. Your girls are so cute! You're so great putting your weekly goals on your blog...I need to be doing better at all of those same things! I guess I'm a lamo, because I don't think I even knew that your parents had a silk-screening business...and how long have we been friends?! Oh well. Hope you had fun at the waterpark!