Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!

Hello, all you ghouls and ghosts--and Disney Princesses! Hope everyone had a great, sugar overloaded day. We sure did here. First item on the docket was carving pumpkins. We only had one big one this year, and at the last minute, Brad and Leiden decided to carve it. They (Brad) did a great job.




Next up: Halloween dinner. Last year was an awesome dinner, and I wanted to keep the tradition rolling. All the things I looked at, though, were a little bit too gruesome for me, let alone little tender Leiden. (Moldy anything, anything's guts?) So, I was wandering around Target today, and I thought of...batloaf! Ha!
If you can't tell, the meatloaf is shaped like a vampire bat, and the fries are supposed to be witch fingers. Does anyone remember when they made green ketchup? I remember that, and I remember thinking, "What on earth were they thinking?" Until today. The witch's fingers would have looked a lot better in green! At any rate, Leiden wasn't grossed out by dinner, which is always a good thing.
Then it was on to costumes. Leiden has been so excited to be Cinderella, and I was thrilled that she was content to do something I already had in the dress up box. I think Leiden's highlight was the blue eyeshadow and glitter. (We're going to give her a make up set for Christmas--it's scary that she already loves it!) Machara was an angel--just like Leiden was for her first Halloween--again, operating under the 'What do I already have?' mentality. There are a bunch more pics here.


Then, it was time for the big event. Leiden's friend Ella came over with her dad, and the girls went traipsing around the neighborhood together.


This was the haul--they were only gone for about 30 minutes and then little feet and girls start to lag.


Warming up after the cool (but still unseasonably warm) evening out.
Surprisingly enough, Leiden went to bed without any fuss and without any fight. Astounding, considering the root beer, smarties, hot chocolate, sucker, and anything else I didn't see her eat!

1 comment:

Katey said...

Ok, the picture of Mac in the angel outfit might be the cutest thing I've ever seen. She looks adorable and so innocent! Love it! :)