Friday, September 23, 2011

Happy Fall!

I got out the paints and smocks today for Mac to make a little fall craft.  Mimi was hovering, and the poor girl, I usually purposely exclude her because of the mess that is guaranteed to appear.  But then, wisely, I thought, "Why should I keep her away?  I can clean up a mess."  So I put her in her seat, put a smock on her, and gave her some paper with paints.  She was thrilled.


We took a handprint for the art project, and while it was drying, I let her just do whatever.  She immediately dipped the paintbrush in the paint and proceeded to paint her arm and hand like I had just done for the handprint.  I guess I wasn't being a very good example. 


Then came finger painting, as they put the leaves on the fall 'trees'. 


Mac was there, and did participate, I just took more pictures of Mimi as it was kind of her first art project. 
 


Happy Fall, everyone! 

No comments: