Monday, August 26, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten!

And we're off!  We will be walking Mac to school each day, and she will be walking home with Leiden.  There are only a couple other Kindergarten kids in the neighborhood, and their moms all walk them, too.  Maybe later in the year I would be comfortable having her walk by herself, but not right now.  She headed out the door with purpose!


I have to say...I love this little phase she's in, where she likes her socks tall.  It cracks me up every time. 


When we got to the school, the children were directed to stand against the wall and all the parents stood around waiting for the big moment. 


Mac's First Day of Kindergarten! 


After her teacher had the kids blow a kiss to their parents, they headed in and we wandered home without Mac!


We headed to the store, and I found these...they were a total impulse buy, and while they are good, I like homemade treats better. 


We met Grandmere at JoAnn's, where Mimi found herself a beautiful headdress for Halloween.  Or not. 


We won't normally do this, but we wandered back over to the school to get Mac and Leiden.  They were both happy, and Mac was thrilled with her day.  She had all kinds of details to share, and I think this makes her feel very grown up.  Well done, Mac!

No comments: