Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Mimi starts school next week!  Today was the parent teacher meet up, where I got this!  She is so excited to be going to school, soon.  All spring and summer she would ask when it was fall so she could go to school.  We're almost there, Meems!


Mac loved her first day of Kindergarten...and now we're back for Day 2!


Mimi was in the bath this evening, and I came in to see this.  She had organized all the bath toys by color and lined them up on the side of the bathtub.  What a smart girl.  Her little brain always seems to be going. 


Ugh.  This guy was in some laundry I took down to the washer.  I dumped the pile in, and reached in to distribute it appropriately, when I felt something moving on my hand.  Of course I snatched my hand back as quick as I could, and then I could see something moving on the clothes.  Clothes are the worst things ever to get bugs lost on...there are so many places for them to go!  I finally got him down to the bottom of the washer and smashed him--at least enough to get him to stop running around.  As you can see, he's huge.  Knowing there are poisonous spiders around here in Utah, I did some research on the internet and found that he is a Hobo spider, indeed poisonous, although the necrotic qualities of their venom are debated.  Um, hello, huge and poisonous.  I laid him out on a piece of paper and used a pin to straighten out his legs that had curled up when he died.  So gross. 

No comments: