Saturday, June 28, 2014

Half Marathon Training

I've definitely decided to run a half marathon this fall...likely at Halloween time.  I had originally looked forward to Derek being here and possibly running it with me, but as that's not to be, I will run it myself and keep myself both busy and fit.  Training as the only adult in the house with three small children has been interesting.  Trying to get in the necessary runs each week has been less than entirely successful, but I will keep plugging along.  I hope to see some progress, here, soon, if I can keep up the training.  I wish I was one of those people who could just get up and run a half marathon, but I am not.  I need the time to train and get my body used to the exercise, slowly upping my mileage.  It's good I know this about myself, and it does force me to get out and move around more than I would otherwise.  

No comments: