Monday, June 30, 2014

Weeds

I have SO been putting this job off, but have gotten to the point where it MUST be done.  These weeds, that are taller than I am?  Yeah.  They are infesting the east side of my house, and pretty much obstruct the garbage can.  The landlord came by and thought to spray them, but it would have been crazy amounts of weed killer sprayed on them to kill them entirely.  He sprayed a few, and left the rest.  So I hunkered down, and figured I'd get going on it.  Fully expecting it to take hours.  I mean, what weeds come out with any amount of ease?


Well, apparently THESE do!  They came right out!  These giant weeds have exceptionally shallow root systems, and they come right out of the ground.  Even where the soil was not properly wet from the hose.  There were only a couple that required the use of my new shovel.  I was astounded, and so grateful the job ended up being as simple as it was.  Small mercies!  Here I am, pretty proud of my accomplishment for the day!

No comments: