Tuesday, November 1, 2016

Raw Milk!

I have started drinking raw milk, and having the girls drink it, too.  I had only ever heard of it in passing before, but it has recently been brought to my attention as a serious power food!  It is unpasteurized and unhomogenized, which means it comes with a lovely think layer of cream on the top of the carton.  When you go to drink it you just shake it up.  It comes from cows that only eat grass, so their nutrition is exactly as nature intended.  Pasteurizing milk kills any potential bad stuff in it, but it also kills a TON of good stuff.  This particular brand's farm is very hygienic in its practices, and there is a lot of testing that goes on to ensure milk safety.  So we can get all the wonderful growth factors and probiotics from the milk pretty much straight from the cow.  It's fabulous for the girls, especially, with a very high fat content and all the good stuff to help them grow.

Tonight I had a half gallon with me at my parents' house, and they both tried it.  My dad said he could taste the grass, and my mom couldn't really tell a difference between it and store milk.  I can tell a difference if the milk isn't really cold, straight from the refrigerator.  Otherwise, I can't tell at all.  The girls dramatically say it tastes like cows, but they are getting used to it!

No comments: