Thursday, March 16, 2017

St. Patrick's Eve or Happy Birthday Mom!

Still heading to the gym three or so times a week.  Squats, pull ups, bench press, rows, and shrugs.  I'm still trying to get used to the change.



Today is Mom's birthday!  She requested flourless chocolate cake, which Leiden made for her!  So first we feasted on corned beef and cabbage, then on cake!  We tried the two different cooking methods, and I think I preferred the crockpot method.  It produces a more pull apart fall apart kind of meat, and the pressure cooker produced more a roast and needs to be sliced kind of meat.  They both tasted good, just differences in texture.


I SWEAR Mac has a St. Patrick's shirt somewhere, but of course it is nowhere to be found.  And of course St. Patrick's is tomorrow.  And of course no stores still have green shirts.  So I settled for white, and embarked on a shamrock painting journey after the girls went to bed.


It turned out pretty cute, I just wish it were more GREEN.  I also really hope Mac doesn't mind it.

No comments: