Saturday, March 25, 2017

Red Butte

The girls are with their dad, so Jon and I spent the rainy day up at Red Butte Gardens.  We were initially drawn there because they had a bonsai exhibit, and there were some really cool little trees.  Then we decided we were there anyway, so we wandered around in the rain.  It was actually really fun and romantic.





The plants are all starting to grow, and my favorites are the magnolia trees.  I WILL have one in my yard someday!  These were the color I like, but their leaves are more oblong than the saucer magnolias I really like.


SO beautiful.


As we wandered through the gardens, we came upon a spot that looked like it had been staged with extra flowers in pots, and some cookies...we determined that it was likely a spot designated for someone to propose!  We quickly moved away, and as we walked down the path, there came a couple, hand in hand.  He looked super nervous and she looked oblivious!  Jon and I smiled at each other and silently wished them the best of luck!

No comments: