Sunday, April 16, 2017

Happy Easter!!

The other part of Jon's tradition is that the Easter Bunny comes and leaves them something in the baskets they've set out the night before.  This was the surprise waiting for them this morning!


They were super excited about their baskets, and look forward to this afternoon when they get to add to their spoils at the family Easter Egg hunt!


Even Jon got a basket, filled with delicious treats!


This afternoon, the hunt had been set up outside with all the treats and eggs.  Thomas joined us, and he was hilarious.


As I've done for years, now, each girl has a number, and she's only allowed to pick up the things with her number on them, so as to preserve the hunt for others.


Mac had struggled and so I offered her the option to come out and take pictures if she wanted.  She snapped some really good ones!  This one of Jon and I is I think one of my favorites to date!


She wandered around taking pictures with my good camera.


These of Bapa and John are really good, too.



Surprisingly the hunt wasn't over in a flash, and they took a decent amount of time to find all their things. 


Then it was dinner time!  Grandmere's kitchen cannot host people for dinner right now, so she brought it all out here!  I made little centerpieces for the table.  One a hollowed out cabbage head with kale and tulips.


I didn't get a close up of the other, but it was carrot lined tulips and dill!


It was a wonderful evening with family, celebrating the marvelous resurrection of our Savior Jesus Christ.

No comments: