Monday, November 6, 2017

Happy Birthday to Me!

It's my birthday today!  37 years old.  It's kind of sobering.  I don't mind my age, it just seems strange.  I'm on the downhill slide to 40 (which is a bit of an exaggeration at the same time that it's NOT), and that just doesn't even seem possible.  How could I possibly be just a couple years away from 40?!

The girls were cute, making their gifts and surprising me.  I woke up to this taped to the wall outside our room.  Mimi had found some clear plastic cellophane and written her birthday message on it.  Such a cute little Happy Birthday with a party theme to the letters!  And she had made little paper and ribbon and tape flowers.


Leiden made me a birthday banner, which I hung on the stair rail for the celebrations.


Mac, in keeping with the Thanksgiving mood this month made cute little hand designs.


SUCH a sweet little hand family!  Complete with a mustache for Jon!!


I made special waffles, and even ate one myself.


Jon stayed home from work today for my birthday and we went to get sushi for lunch!


I wasn't ever completely sold on the stuff until recently, and I've really come to love and crave the salty and savory flavors.  Although he still teases me that I can't eat a whole disk in one bite!


We are celebrating my birthday with my family tonight with dinner, and we decided to go for smoked chickens, which should be absolutely delicious.


I made an OLD recipe for Boston Cream Pie I have, haven't made in years, and it kind of showed!  It tasted good, but the presentation was lacking finesse.


I made my wish and blew out the candles.


Happy Birthday to me!!!  37 can do its worst!

No comments: