Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Thanksgiving Prep

And now it is time to begin preparations for the real Thanksgiving day!  We will be hosting Jon's family here for Thanksgiving lunch, and then attending my mom's for dinner.  A double header is hard, but we want to see everyone!

I broke out an old tool I have that you use to hand draw the same thing multiple times and maintain consistency.  I needed to get the curve of a phrase right for our Thanksgiving place cards.


It worked like a charm!


Each place card looks like this.  They will be tied around the napkin with a ribbon.


I'm also super excited about my gold gourds!  These are the funny little birdhouse gourds from October that look like giant pears.  They are just starting to get wrinkly, but are honestly more dried out than smooshy.  I just spray painted them, and voila!  They are giant gold pears for our Thanksgiving table!

No comments: