Thursday, November 23, 2017

Happy Thanksgiving!

Well.  The turkey was done several hours ahead of time, which is my main problem with the Traeger.  For whole birds, and actually many other things, the cooking time is simply not consistent and you end up with things cooked too early, or not ready quickly enough.


It sure looks beautiful, though!  We wrapped it well, and reheated in time for dinner.


These were the finished place cards, complete with ribbon and a sprig of pine underneath to tie in with the rest of the table.


I tried to keep it simple, yet beautiful.  Jon and I went on a goose chase earlier this week to find these chargers.  We could have gotten cheap ones from anywhere, but I didn't want to have to spray paint them, and these were beautiful.  We ended up going to a Pier 1 in Park City to get as many as we needed.  I love them, and they will work for any holiday or event. 


We had Jon's family with us, and it was a wonderful afternoon in each other's company.  We took turns saying something we were grateful for before we began eating.


Thanksgiving dinner is seriously the best meal of the year.  I made the stuffing again, but with some tweaks to make it even better, and the gravy was divine.  Tara is very talented with her rolls, and all together it was absolutely wonderful.


We all piled our plates high, and ate with gusto!


We went up to my mom and dad's house for another Thanksgiving feast, and I completely forgot to take any pictures!!!  But the food was fabulous, I love my mom's bacon turkey, and the best turkey gravy in the world.  Also the lemon pie!


On our way up, this was the sky.  Another beautiful blessing to be grateful for.


It was a wonderful Thanksgiving, spent with the best people in my life.  I am so thankful for the girls, for my family, for Jon's, and especially for him!

No comments: