Thursday, September 13, 2018

I am currently working on my first repeat calligraphy order!  She is throwing a French/Italian Christmas party and wanted the place cards to reflect that.  We went back and forth and finally landed on little bunting that hat tips each country's flag.  I think they look super cute!


Well, this was a huge surprise.  Charlotte is a large spider, and generally speaking, they are territorial, and usually not more than one can be found in a general area.  But today I found my second large black widow!  She was hanging out on the push broom on the back porch.  They really are beautiful creatures, if a bit creepy with their segmented spider legs!


We decided we didn't want to keep Charlotte in a jar, and that she needed food, so we let her go in the 'sand' box in the corner of the yard, and Jon got the new black widow over there also.  We figure they can duke it out!


I found many more spiders in my sweeping, some very large!  It's that time of year, and as long as they don't get in the house, I don't mind them!


I spotted this beautiful grasshopper on the weed tree by the fence on the side of the house.  There are just bugs everywhere this fall!

No comments: