Saturday, October 20, 2018

Manti Temple

Jon and I are trying to fit as many temple visits in as we can before baby comes.  And while we want her to come early, there are as of yet no signs, so we decided we could risk a trip to Manti for a session.  Jon has always wanted to visit this temple, and it's a live session, which made things a bit different.


It's a beautiful temple on the inside.  Colorful, actually.  Pinks, greens, blues, murals.  And the creation room had a dinosaur!  I am enormously pregnant right now, and I think people were surprised to see someone so close to the end there for a session.  Midway through I began to wonder what I was doing there, too.  It doesn't have air conditioning and it was too warm.  I had several workers ask me if I was alright.  I must have looked done in!


We were able to wander just a bit afterwards and a worker showed us the twin spiral staircases on either end of the building.  Beautiful craftsmanship.  She told us the baptistry is also really beautiful, and they let us enter it to see, also.  While we were there, they were short a priesthood holder for baptisms, so they asked Jon to stand in as a witness for a bit.


It turned out to be a really special trip for us.


The outside of the temple is beautiful, too.  The stone is very pale, and each has all these texture marks from the chisels.  They are intentional, and give the surface character not found on smooth stone.


Best of all for the circumstances, baby didn't arrive in the temple, which I guess has happened a small handful of times!  We made it back home safely, hoping the whole time that baby will make her appearance soon.  We have kind of felt the whole time that she will come early, and in the next few days would be ideal.  After that we are getting too close to Halloween, and I don't think I want a Halloween baby!  Then it's MY birthday.  But she'll come when she comes!

No comments: