Sunday, December 30, 2018

Birthdays and Blessings

This morning I was up early figuring out how to best place the flowers.


I had the idea to cover the stems in white chocolate so they didn't get any chemicals or plant juices in or on the cake.  It worked pretty well, but it made the stems huge, which concerned me.  Luckily the flowers are only going on the flat top part of the cake.


Little Miss and I in the mother's room directly after her blessing.  Jon did a wonderful job blessing her.  He had given it a lot of thought and careful consideration.  He wanted it to be truly from her Heavenly Father with him as her earthly father being the mouthpiece stating the blessings.  He absolutely did it, and she is a very loved little girl on both sides of the veil.


Right after sacrament meeting we went up to my mom's house to celebrate with a party!  Before food, everyone indulged me in pictures to commemorate the day.  One with Jon's family.


One with my family.


One with our little family.


And one with just Zada, Mom, and Dad.  By this time she wasn't too happy, but we persevered.


After squaring her away, I got to eat and enjoy the company of our families.  Her cake turned out PERFECTLY.  One of those times it just works!


Once in a more comfortable outfit and with some milk in her, Miss Zada was happy and calm.


Today is also Jon's birthday, as well as Grandpa G's, with some remembrances of Jon's brother Justin thrown in in honor of HIS birthday also being the same day!


Later after everyone had left but us and our parents, Jon opened his birthday gift from my parents.  More of our grey-green dishes to complete setting for 16!


Zada enjoyed Grandma and Grandpa G, and they enjoyed her!


Later this evening after we got home, Jon had MORE presents!  His parents gave him this, which was hilarious.


The girls gave him reusable snow cone cups and holders to go with his awesome shaved ice maker.  Next summer will be full of delicious frozen treats!


And I gave him an unfinished depth map of Lake Michigan, done in embroidery.  I simply couldn't get it done in time for his birthday, but I gave it to him anyway.


Happy Birthday, my love!  I hope your day was amazing and fulfilling!

No comments: