Sunday, January 10, 2010

Birthday and Christmas (and maybe next birthday, too) for Mercedes

My Christmas (and birthday--it was really expensive...) was a wheat grinder! Not, perhaps, the most exciting of gifts, but it was what I asked my parents and Brad's for. It finally came in the mail on January 5, and I was totally excited to use it!

It grinds wheat like a dream, and although it boasts being one of the quietest mills out there, it was still pretty loud, so I'm glad I went with it! I have a hand grinder, which I have certainly used, but it takes forever to grind any substantial amount of wheat in it. This will grind 8 cups of wheat berries in something like 2 minutes. That's 12 cups of wheat flour!

Lest you think I am entirely boring and pedestrian for asking for a wheat grinder, Brad's Christmas present for me was all five seasons of the TV show Alias, also by request.

3 comments:

Claire said...

That is what I asked my mom for Christmas too. One of those things ya just gotta have. I haven't broken mine out yet!

Jeff and Rach said...

I love Alias!

Maria said...

That is exactly what I wanted for Christmas! We ended up getting money from the parents, which in turn went to pay some unexpected bills. I guess the wheat grinder will have to wait. Gotta love growing up! Everything is so boring and practical. But I do understand your excitement about the wheat grinder. I make a little trip over to my sister-in-law's every time I make homemade bread and it's getting a little old. One of these days... :)