Thursday, January 21, 2010

Catch Up with Life (and Scrapbooking!)

Well. Brad was so excited to get his eyes done. He has been so looking forward to a life without glasses and contacts. (He can't stand them.) Unfortunately, he is not a candidate for the procedure! The doctor gave him his consultation, and the end result was that his corneas are too thin. He will have to have glasses and contacts for the rest of his life.

I felt really bad for his disappointed hopes, so I made him some raspberry-lemonade bars. (As a side note, they were not that good, and the recipe I used was a classic case of some people being too talented of a photographer. On the blog I found the recipe on, these were a BRIGHT, gorgeous raspberry pink and looked absolutely divine. As you can tell, even taking into consideration the gap between this lady's photography skills and mine, these do not look insanely appetizing.)



Still going strong with the scrapbooking. I've completed a bunch more pages, but I'll put them up tomorrow. Here is Week 2 pg 1 again. I added a border, and think I like it better than before, but it's still not my best effort. Frustrating to admit, particularly when I don't know what to do to make it better!! I honestly think I just prefer white backgrounds. I am, in fact, in love with white or very pale backgrounds. I just think they show off the photos better, but if I'm going to be making 52 two-page-layouts, I've got to have a bit of variety. All will be plain, though.



And here's Week 2, pg 2. I like it better than the above.



Getting caught up with scrapbooking has become an obsession at this point. Never mind that I have like 30 (some big) things on the to-do-before-baby-comes list. There is something so satisfying about getting memories committed to 'paper'--or at least paired with some journaling. Since I rarely write in a journal, this blog and my scrapbooking are it! At any rate, thanks for indulging me my spot to showcase all my pages!

No comments: