Friday, January 15, 2010

The Other Day

I really do have a pleasant wake up call in the morning. I always hear Leiden get up and go to the bathroom, and then the show begins. Leiden getting up always wakes Mac up, and so for the first few minutes while Leiden is in the bathroom, I hear kind of mumbly noises that come from Mac waking up. Then, when Leiden returns to her room, the squealing begins. And I mean squealing. I don't even know what they're doing in there, but Mac is still in the crib, and I've finally trained Leiden to not get in with her, so I don't really care. The noise is phenomenal, and it makes me smile every time--perhaps a bigger smile when it's after 7:00 AM, but smile none the less.



I always ask Brad if he has any requests for dinners during the week, and this week he chose Indian food. I have never made Indian food in my life! So we looked up recipes and found Chicken Tikka Masala. It had high ratings, so we decided to give it a go. I am no food photographer, so it looks less than appetizing, but I was pleasantly surprised. I cut out a ton of the salt (it called for a total of almost 5 tsp.) and all but a pinch of the cayenne pepper (I am, after all, 8 months pregnant with a low spice tolerance!), and it turned out pretty good. The smell of the leftovers turned my stomach the next day, but it was good.



The flat bread that is eaten with the meal is called Naan. It's really good. Basic bread with garlic, but flattened, brushed on both sides with butter, and cooked like a tortilla on the griddle. (You do it on the grill if it's warm weather.)


All in all, a good day.

2 comments:

Emily said...

You're a nice wife if you ask Brad what he wants to eat and then you make it.:) My mantra is, "you get what you get, so don't throw a fit." Not that Matt would throw a fit and is always grateful...I just make for dinner whatever lack of time dictates:) Your pages look good. Maybe another pizzazi embellishment near the fish. I need to talk to you about this 365 thing though. I want to copy you:)

Adria said...

What a good wife and mother you are. You put me to shame. Actually, when I do ask Rob what he wants he usually says spaghetti - I think because it's cheap.