Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Last Little While--the Fast Version

This will be a smattering kind of post--I try to space out posts, but then I just get behind. On the plus side, I have been diligent in getting a picture a day for my 365 project--some of these are the picture from that day, and some are not. Anyway, here's the last little bit in a nutshell!

I found a gorgeous remnant of silk fabric for $4/yard (originally four times that), so the girls' dresses this year for Easter will be made of real silk. Not what I usually do, but the color was gorgeous, and you can't get even faux silk for that price! More pictures to come later as the project gets more underway.



I bought some playdoh to take to Nursery, but I failed to put it in the cupboard where the girls couldn't see it. So for about 2 days they begged to play with it, as our home playdoh has gone the way of the earth. I kept saying no, and then caved. It was astounding how long they both played with the stuff--and for days! This is Leiden's airplane. The white blobs are supposed to be the windows. This actually marked a 'maturing' moment for Leiden: she asked me to show her how to make an airplane--I think she wanted instructions like they have for other things. I told her I wasn't going to show her, but that I wanted her to think about what an airplane looks like, and just do her best to make it. Usually she'll balk and eventually just stop what she's doing, but this time, she didn't. She reasoned that they have long bodies, wings at the side, a tail, and windows.



She also made a bird, this time by following the instructions on the package.



My mother is astounded every day when I tell her Mac's latest. She really is just into everything. There is nothing sacred, nothing that she thinks she is not supposed to play with. This, I don't need anyone to tell me, is a dangerous view of life. The other day's escapades had to do with my mascara. (This was a day before she was diagnosed with pinkeye, so needless to say, that mascara went in the garbage.) Again, this was one of those, "Wait right here, don't move until I take a picture", and then after the picture is taken, "No, no! We don't get into Mommy's makeup!" Our priorities must be in order. Pictures first, scolding second.

I have to say, she has amazing eyelashes. And amazing dexterity to not get any IN her eyes. I had a really hard time cleaning it off, and for the rest of the day she looked vaguely like Alice Cooper.



This is a great picture of Leiden. The girls were doing ring around the rosies.



Mac was also having a great time.




Brad was encouraging the girls to jump off the ottoman and utilizing the fast action pictures the camera is capable of. Then of course, the obligatory lecture when the girls wouldn't stop jumping.
I have resolved to do more crafts with the girls, and this was a fun one I found to make a paper mache snowman with balloons. They are not done, yet, so I'll put more up later. I haven't done paper mache in years. And I was exceptionally naive to think that Mac might be capable of handling said craft.
Leiden thought it was great.

Last Monday, when I came in to Leiden's preschool, her teacher grabbed me and told me she had fallen outside on the ice and banged her cheek. As soon as Leiden saw me, she burst into tears and came running for a great big hug. The redness has mostly gone away, now, but she also scraped it, so it's scabbed over now.
I am frantically trying to get ready for this little baby coming. Have you seen my ticker?! 3 weeks, my friends. But this frantic feeling really only exists in my head, as I can't seem to get off my duff for very long to DO any of the things on my really long 'before baby comes' list. However, I did get some meals frozen--about half of what I've planned and already bought the food for. Maybe I'll finish tomorrow.
As soon as Mac wakes up from her nap, we're heading to Target to get childproof door knob covers. This morning, she got into my foundation (the 12 hour wear kind) and slathered it all over her face--and the carpet! It's hard to take a picture of, but it's the mottled bit of her right cheek that's slightly darker than the rest of her skin and a little more orangeish. The carpet looks much worse.

Whew! I'm sure I'll have more pictures soon, but here is the catch up!

4 comments:

Scrappycook said...

I love the photos with the mascara - priceless!

Unknown said...

Leiden needs dancing lessons and apparently Mac needs flying lessons.

Tracey said...

You're amazing! What a great idea to make freezer meals for when the baby comes, I don't think I would be that smart:) I'd be interested in knowing what meals you made. The Mac makeup pics crack me up! Alexis is very much into my makeup as well, and managed to smear it all over her face one day while I was in the shower. The pics are definitely priceless.

Adria said...

I'm so jealous of your camera. It takes amazing pictures. Leiden sounds like a typical first child and Mac is definitely a typical second child. The second has no fear and gets into everything. At least that's how mine are. Miss you guys. You should move from that God-forsaken place to here. It's lovely year round.