Friday, August 27, 2010

12 Days Before Kindergarten

Leiden starts Kindergarten in 12 days. Holy smokes. She is growing up. Well, since I never quite know what's going on in her head, I decided to make sure she knows that this is an exciting thing, and nothing to be worried about. My way of doing this? Celebrating the 12 Days Before Kindergarten.



Here was today's card...way cute glitter chipboard numbers came from here.



The inside of today's card: (no making fun of the rhymes--I wrote them myself.)



We didn't actually get to the chain making until later in the evening. So those pics are below. This morning and afternoon were spent at Elm Creek Park Reserve at their man made lake. I'm going to try to get in lots of activities before school starts and we're stuck at home most of the time.



Miriam 8/27/10: Mimi enjoyed being at the lake while the wind blew her hair. Until the wind blew sand in her face. Then she wasn't so happy.




POTD 8/27/10: I'm trying to get Leiden to practice writing lower case letters. She really really wants to write upper case, so I drummed up some practice with the days of the week written on each link of the chain. Look at those words!!



Here she is with the finished chain. The first link will come off at bedtime tonight.



The day ended with a surprise gift from Grandma--books! and a letter from Grandma that she read all by herself. She is going to love Kindergarten. I hope.



And then randomly, not really part of the above, POTD 8/26/10: Leiden's finally getting the hang of her little jumping toy. The little bee swings around and you jump over it as it comes to you. She's had it since her birthday, but has recently been playing with it more.



And Miriam 8/26/10: She is getting fast on her little tummy! I missed it, but when I first came into the room, she was just getting ready to tip over the bin with all the baby toys. We've got to clear her a path!

1 comment:

Emily said...

My goodness, everyone grew up a little over the summer, didn't they? Wow! Congrats to Leiden!