Thursday, August 26, 2010

And We're Caught Up

Miriam 8/21/10: She moved right before I took the picture. When I went in the first time after her nap, she was wedged into the corner. Her body was flush with the side and her head was cranked back at almost a 90 degree angle, flush with the head of the crib. Didn't seem comfy at all, but there you go.



We are getting rid of our pool! As I mentioned before, the girls are not as interested as we thought they'd be, so we'd rather have a giant garden and shed there. Not to mention getting rid of the liability. Brad was pumping the water out of the pool onto the driveway and Mac thought that was great.



POTD 8/21/10: Here is the pool, being emptied. It actually took a really long time to empty.



I have to be represented here on the blog somehow, since I'm always the one behind the camera. I was actually just curious as to whether the camera could catch my image on the sliding glass door as well as my eyes could. Not quite as well, but pretty good.



POTD 8/22/10: We finally found some patio furniture that was reasonably priced. We took advantage of the end of summer sales, and the girls were thrilled to eat out there. They ate Sunday breakfast out there after Brad put it together. Does putting it together break the Sabbath? Hope not, but probably a little.



Miriam 8/22/10: We ate dinner out there (as well as lunch) and Mimi was happy to be outside. Somehow she's calmer outside.




This is what Mac does when she's gotten her binky out of her bed and has it in her mouth. (That's a no-no.) Somehow she thinks I'm not going to know she has her binky if she covers her mouth. I was not born yesterday.



POTD 8/23/10: HUGE day for Leiden--and for me! She finally is able to strap herself in. Something clicked (if you'll pardon the pun), and she can finally do it herself, which means I don't have to half climb in the car every time. Now I just have to reach in and give it a tug to check it.

POTD 8/24/10: Made bread today, for the first time in about 6 months. I was making it regularly before Meems came, and finally did it again. The wheat grinder, although touted as the quietest on the market, had all three kids screaming and crying when I turned it on. I guess the wheat flour blasting the girls faces out of the broken connection between the grinder and the bin could have had something to do with it, too.
Miriam 8/24/10:
POTD and Miriam 8/25/10: Mimi started scooting today! Woot! Or maybe not woot. The house is still in a lot of disorder, which means lots of things in her way that she should not have. She has to have great temptation to move, but random moving for the fun of it is only days/weeks away. I've got to get my act together.
I'll put some video in a separate post.

No comments: