Saturday, August 7, 2010

Up to Pioneer Day

POTD 7/23/10: Imagine our surprise when after we moved in, we discovered a strawberry patch--obviously a very late blooming variety--in our front yard. Awesome.







Miriam 7/22/10:






The girls like having the strawberry patch, too.




The doors are coming along--almost ready to hang again. The girls rooms have fleece hung up in the doorways in a (mostly) futile attempt to block out noise and light.




Leiden helping me cook. She loves it, and I don't let her do it often enough. Cooking used to be a relaxing, fun thing for me, but now I'm always in a hurry to get it done between baby crying, needing to be fed, and other kid requests. And we all know that when the little ones help, it goes slower. I've got to make more time to include her in this!

2 comments:

Em said...

You guys have done incredible work on your house! I love it! Also, your girls are absolutely adorable. I can't believe how big they are all getting. I love your POTD. Great idea. Keep the pics coming!

bjahlstrom said...

Mercedes, I don't know if I've left a comment before, but this is Brynn Janke from High School! I found you through the alumni website. I really like your musings, your pictures, and keeping up this way on your blog! I'll be back!