Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Big 3-0

My birthday this year landed on a Saturday, so that was nice. The girls and Brad made me breakfast in bed--orange rolls with strawberries and juice. Delicious. I had a bad cold that rendered my sense of taste useless, but on my birthday I could actually taste a little bit!

My friends came the night before and surprised me with a night out for the big day. We went for dessert at the Melting Pot and a small bit of shopping afterwards.


Miriam 11/6/10: Mimi sure enjoyed the orange rolls. She still gags when you hand her a large something to chew on, so she got bits after this picture.
Brad outdid himself with my party. He invited friends both old and new, provided food and Coldstone cakes, and most notably, Starry Night made from cupcakes.
POTD 11/6/10: This picture was taken at the end of the night, after everyone had gone home--the birthday girl!
It was a great day, and while 30 seems like it's old, I still feel much of the time just like I did in high school. It's kind of bewildering to think about getting older all the time. I read in a book once that aging is the one thing we do faithfully every day of our lives. My mom can't believe she has a 30 year old daughter, so I imagine the aging bewilderment only gets worse as your children grow! Here's to 60 more! (Years, not children.)

1 comment:

bjahlstrom said...

That Starry Night cake is the coolest thing I've ever seen...and I love that it's in a frame!