Friday, November 5, 2010

Half Marathon Finisher

I finished. I finished by the cutoff of 3 hours. 2:55:00. And it's done. My knee hurt for about 2 days afterward, so I've got to get that looked at, but I did it! Leiden reached out before the finish line, I thought to give me five, so I shifted and ran by her. She grabbed my hand and ran with me through the finish line! She was pretty excited. Brad and the girls brought me flowers.



I got a cool medal.



And I survived. I have to say that I look pretty good for having run 13.2 miles. I think the weather helped--you had to keep moving to stay warm!



Will I do it again? Absolutely. As soon as I figure out what's going on with my knee I'm there. It's really frustrating to have your heart and lungs in good shape to keep going but have a different body part not let you go any faster. I had to walk the last two miles or so, but even while running I was hardly out of breath at all. It was a good experience and I'm glad I did it.

2 comments:

Macdonalds said...

Congrats! That is super amazing!

Emily said...

Good for you!!!! that's one thing I need to do...I'm so proud of yoU!