Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Caroline

I came back a couple days ago from my trip--it was so fun, and I'm glad I went down to see Naomi.  The day I was flying home, Brad mentioned on the phone that he had taken the girls to a couple Pet Smarts to look at their animals, and that they were going to look at another one.  Uh-oh.  I knew then I was coming home to a cat!  Leiden has been asking for ages to get an animal, and she finally got her wish!

Brad ended up taking the girls to the animal shelter and by a stroke of luck, happened to be there when they brought in a brand new (to the shelter) kitten, 2 1/2 months old.  I guess kittens are rare, because people actually want them instead of already grown cats.  They said the kitty had just gone up on the website literally minutes before, and there had already been 5 phone calls about it.  Brad was there, and snatched her up!  They took her into the visitation room, where she was super playful, and didn't react badly to any of the girls.  So Brad signed the paperwork!

She was spayed yesterday, and this afternoon, after a whole day of girls asking me when it was time to go get the kitty (Leiden's on Spring Break), it was finally time to go get her.


She did not enjoy the car ride home, trying to stick her paws and legs out the air holes of her box, and meowing the whole way. 


Understandably timid, especially with three rambunctious girls around, she very cautiously explored and wandered around. 


Leiden is so excited.  She has already done her litter box 'chore' a couple times. 


Mimi has been surprisingly calm with the cat.  I thought she'd be all over her, but she seems a little timid.  Hopefully that lasts.  I am not hugely a cat person, and while she's cute, I'm still wondering if this is a good idea.  And my nose has been running with itchy eyes and sneezing since we came home.  For the girls' sake, I HOPE it's the pollen outside!


Leiden has named her 'Caroline'.

No comments: