Wednesday, March 14, 2012

I promised the youngers we could go to the zoo today, as the temperatures were going to be in the high 60's.  Leiden was feeling a little left out that she had to go to school, instead.  It gave the girls plenty of opportunity to run around and while I brought the stroller, Mimi was not made to ride in it the majority of the trip.


I think the polar bears are my favorite. 

We saw bison, reindeer, lions, tigers, bears, giraffes, and zebras.  The giraffes and zebras were still inside for the season, and this was Mac's response as we walked in the building.  Yep, they smell! 
 


We brought lunch for us to picnic with at the zoo, and we ate outside--in the middle of March!!! 
 


Later this afternoon, we got out the sidewalk chalk and went to town. 


Mimi was a mess.  There was food all over her shirt from dinner at Culver's, and I'm not even sure what was on her face.


Mimi is still obsessed with happy and frowny faces.  She kept wandering over to the set I'd drawn on the driveway and saying "happy, sad".


What a beautiful day.

No comments: