Saturday, March 31, 2012

Leiden and I started out on a little craft project today.  I've seen these cute hollow eggs on Pinterest made with embroidery floss, blown up water balloons, and liquid starch.  It was way more work than any craft should be.  Leiden only lasted for one egg, and I had hoped to do something like a dozen.  The string kept tangling, the starch was gooey and messy, and I'm still not sure how they will turn out when dried tomorrow!
 


In other exciting news, I finally got a new sewing machine!  About a month ago, right during Mac's birthday dress, my machine died.  I finally got around a few weeks ago to going to the repairman, who told me to just buy a new machine.  Well, then.  Brad kindly told me to go out and get whatever machine I wanted.  The repairman recommended I look at Janome, so today I finally wandered into a sewing shop, and bought one on the spot!  The salesman was a little surprised.  I guess he didn't think I was there to buy.  I am excited to break it out!


It's Conference weekend, which is really much like any other weekend with three little kids--I didn't hear much today.  Brad had Priesthood this evening, so we took off to try the new frozen yogurt place by our house, and it's just like the place in Arkansas!  (But without the marshmallow cream, so sad.)  I love that it's non fat and tastes just like ice cream.


Leiden's tummy has been hurting again since our Bahamas trip, so we finally took her to the doctor yesterday.  She's sick, again, with a really sluggish digestive system, and so we're in the long haul again.  Last time it took about 8 weeks to get her system completely cleared out and pain free, and this time, the doctor said the x-ray looks even worse.  I feel so bad for my little one.  The doctor said she's just prone to this, and traveling and poor eating for even a few days can cause her system to go haywire.  The doctor prescribed enormous amounts of fiber for the next month, at which point we have to go back and see how we're progressing.  The laxative made her tummy hurt worse, last time, so we're just trying lots of Benefiber and Culturelle, tons of water, whole grains, beans, fruits, and veggies.  (But no bananas or applesauce!)  What kills me is she already eats SO well.  She loves veggies and fruits, and I give them only whole wheat bread, high fiber cereal, and the whole nine yards, but disruptions in her normal diet can really wreak havoc.  At least we know this, now, as a propensity, and can work with it.  And I think we'll be buying stock in Benefiber.  And possibly a bean farm.

No comments: