Friday, April 19, 2013

New Phone

Very exciting day.  Well, eventful, anyway.  So remember how the Tahoe was making all kinds of noises and needs a new transfer case?  I finally decided to let the mechanic make the repair because the noises are getting worse and it is banging around a lot.  He wanted me to bring it in so he could check it out and make sure he gets the correct part.  I dropped by and left it with him for a few minutes.  When I came back to get it, he told me that it is not driveable, and he's surprised I even made it to his shop.  Well.  He should have the part in by Monday or Tuesday, so that's good.  I guess the transfer case had blown its plug (?) and had fluid leaking out, and metal parts banging around in it.  He said eventually it would have just seized completely and the drive train would not have been able to turn.  I'm sure that's a very simplified version of the story, but it's about all I caught.  To cheer myself up after dropping the car off, we went and got me a new phone!  Actually I needed one, anyway, so off we went.  I just got the upgraded version of the phone I already had, but it's new, and the camera works on it!


After getting my new number and coming home, I tried to make a call and it wouldn't work.  I waited and waited, and then finally had to go BACK to the store and they had to give me a new number.  Finally we were up and running.  The girls particularly like the purple protective case that's on it.  They are not hard to please.

No comments: