Friday, April 5, 2013

There are many little things that need to change now that our lives are changing, and one of them is this very blog!  I have redesigned the look and changed the name.  I like it.  Fresh and clean, a new start.


The view out of my parents' house, which is the house that my grandparents lived in while they were living, has a great view out the back kitchen window.  Tonight I was struck somehow about the beauty of a city at night.  I absolutely loved coming here as a child each Sunday for dinner.  I loved being so close to my grandparents.  I remember going home on Sunday nights and peeking out the back kitchen window at the house I grew up in and looking in the distance for the capitol, all lit up for the night.  I loved that I could see so close to where my Grandma was in the dark, knowing her house was just up the hill from there.  Looking back, it seems a bit like the whimsical sort of thing a child would do, but I absolutely remember doing it.  This house is full of memories for me, and I'm so happy to be here.

No comments: