Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Spring Planting

Last night we had the seed of faith Family Home Evening lesson, and so tonight, we planted seeds! 


We planted carrots, brussel sprouts, kale, spinach, cilantro, basil, and romaine lettuce.


I also brought home two tomato plants, a sweet basil plant and a rosemary plant.


Leiden was in charge of making tags for the planters.


Then Mac got in on the action and wrote 'carot'.  SO cute.  The water got to it, though, and she used a washable marker.


We still have cantaloupe, pumpkins, honeydew, and watermelon to plant.  I have to keep reminding myself of the longer growing season here than in Minnesota.  It would be SO cool to use pumpkins from the garden at Halloween!  I'm sure I will be watching the planters like a hawk to see tiny green shoots!

No comments: