Tuesday, April 17, 2018

Washington DC Day 1

Headed out this morning!  Jon has a work conference, and we decided I would tag along.  I was honestly a little hesitant because we just got back from Ireland, but it’s too great an opportunity to pass up.  Mimi has been in Hawaii with her dad, and arrived back in SLC today.  We were SO lucky the timing worked out to be able to see her at the airport gates between her flight arriving and ours leaving!  Her arrival gate was just across the hall from our departure gate, and the timing worked out perfectly.  We were able to give her a hug and compliment her on her tan and her sandy hair! 
  
   Jon has been very sick this last week with influenza.  Terribly, really sick.  We debated not going to DC, but determined it would be okay as he finally began to feel a bit better.  We were very concerned though, that I would contract it, and it’s kind of a big deal when you’re expecting, so my doctor was willing to prescribe prophylactic Tamiflu, and I’ll be taking that the whole time.  Fingers crossed!
   Jon will be at his conference for the first 2.5 days, and I will be wandering DC alone until he’s done!  I’m a little nervous to be in the big city by myself, but it will be a fun adventure.
 

No comments: