Friday, April 20, 2018

Washington DC Day 4

 It would seem that I have contracted Jon’s influenza!  I woke this morning not feeling well at all, and worried because I’m not at home, and what if it gets worse?  One of the benefits of the Tamiflu, however, is that it mitigates the infection if you do get it.  So hopefully this will be short lived and there won’t be any complications! 

    This of course made it even more difficult to want to get up and wander around today, but Jon’s conference was over at midday, so we have sight seeing time.  I rested until he came back from the conference, then we took the subway in.  That was fun because I could show Jon how it worked,
 being such an expert myself!  


We went first to the Botanic Gardens, where we admired all the plants.  We found some pitcher plants, and the giant plants I’m standing by smelled like death.  Both beautiful and strange.


We worked our way down the Mall after that, first stopping for some shaved ice that ended up being ridiculously expensive.  The prices weren’t listed at the truck, which I’ve never liked, but cotton candy shaved ice was irresistible!  Next stop was the Smithsonian Air and Space Museum.  It’s absolutely fascinating to see how far we’ve come, and to see the evidence of man’s creativity and ambition. 
  


Lastly we headed to Arlington, which Jon hasn’t been to, either, and we were able to witness another changing of the guard.  

No comments: