Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Ox in the Mire

This was all on July 18, which was a Sunday. Well, unfortunately, as the phrase goes, we could not NOT work today. Not only could we not 'rest', but Brad had to have his new tractor mower delivered that day, so others did not get to rest on our account as well. But he's sure excited. He's always wanted a tractor, but we could never justify the expense. Now with 1/2 acre, we can!



He took it for a little spin without the blades running.



Miriam 7/18/10: This is how our big bouncing baby is filling out her carseat these days. It's slightly depressing that we/I will have to cart her around in this seat for almost 7 more months.

Because church is at 11-2 here, and we are new in a ward, so stayed chatting, Mac did not get a nap. She was pretty grouchy by late afternoon, but I managed to get her attention when I told her she had a rainbow on her face from the light coming through our front door.
And this is POTD 7/18/10: Really, the piece de resistance. I was doing some unpacking after we had dinner at a kind family in our ward's house. I got my step stool out to put some stuff above the refrigerator, and this is what I found. Tons of alcohol. There was a little of everything in there. What seemed to be an inordinate amount of vodka, and there was gin, schnapps, vermouth, whisky, bourbon, absinthe, tequila, brandy, and an assortment of flavored liqueurs. Wow. We finally came to the conclusion that they couldn't bring the bottles with them, as they were driving to their next destination across the country, so they probably thought they were being super nice and generous to leave their stash.

Unfortunately, their stash went right down the sink. Vodka, by the way, literally smells like rubbing alcohol. I would so much rather drink a cream soda. No question. Of course a cream soda isn't going to get me buzzed. You win some, you lose some.
At any rate, it was an exciting day, and the carpet is due to go in tomorrow!

1 comment:

Macdonalds said...

I hope you never hear Brad complain about having to mow the lawn, that looks like play time to me. What a stash! I'm with you on the cream soda:) Yay for new carpet!