Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween Party

And a few other stragglers...

Miriam 10/21/10 and POTD 10/21/10: Laundry day! Actually, every day seems to be laundry day around here. Mimi is still spitting up all the time, so that means new clothes for her sometimes multiple times a day, and when she gets mommy, that's just more. Always laundry to be done. Always. But it's good to know I've got a helper.



POTD 10/22/10: Bad news. My camera was sitting about 3 steps up the stairs, and Mac tripped on it, sending it down said stairs to land on our tile entryway. Ugh. (Mac was totally fine--didn't even stumble, really, so I can be worried about the camera.) My prime lens was on it, and now it won't take pictures in focus. It's a costly repair, and now some of my birthday money is going to have to go towards getting it fixed. You can barely tell this is Leiden! On other bad news fronts, Mimi went down the entire flight of stairs to our basement today. I was on the computer and didn't even know the older girls had gone downstairs. Ironically I was researching prime lens repair, when I heard the telltale thump. Immediately I knew what was happening and went racing around the corner just in time to see her sprawl at the bottom. She is fine, and all is well, but I am now a Nazi about the basement door.



And now on to happier things. I was up until 1:00 AM the night before our Halloween party finishing my costume. It turned out so well! (Unfortunately, I'm looking through our pictures and I don't see any that really show the costume in full. I'll have to put it on one of these days and take some full body shots.) Here's the mask.



Naomi's spider web dip.



Drs. David and Eliza Wilson



Brad and Angelina. (Naomi's lips were the best part of the costume, which was complete with a pregnant belly and sharpie tattoos.)



A top shot. I'll be converting the mask into a true masquerade mask with a stick on the side.
Head Cheerleader and Quarterback Taylor:
One of the games was the eating the donut off the string game, which of course I lost. Was there any other possible outcome? Luckily they did not follow through with the losing dare.
I thought I was pretty smart, using Brad's shoulder (he was next to me) to anchor the donut. I was laughing too hard to get any down, though.
I finally ended up using my own shoulder.
POTD 10/23/10: The group.
It was a fun and kind of cheesy party. I need to remember next year that if I throw a party, it will not be at my house. I ended up changing diapers and putting out little girl fires even though we had babysitters there.

2 comments:

The Minnesota Preators said...

I always love seeing your blog Mercedes...makes it feel like you are still here in Eagan! We miss you! So fun to see some familiar faces too...David and Eliza use to live in our ward an they are great friends, haven't seen them in a while though...tell them hello from us!

Emily said...

Looks like lots of fun, you creative person! Sorry about your camera lens...